Inculcating the Habit of Reading
Reading is regarded as one of the most enriching habits for the simple reason that it is not just a hobby or a pass time that entertains you, but it is also an educational activity and hence brings to you a vast reservoir of knowledge. Reading increases the drive for knowledge and inspires people to gain more information. Thus a library is a treasure of valuable books for the people to use and gain from it.
Reference for Colleges
The quintessential library is a boon for the students in colleges. There exist a large number of reference books that provide information about wide ranging subjects are a must for students to understand the concepts in their curriculum. The reference books often provide in depth information about various subjects and thus help in the process of education.
Advice on Important Subjects
There are large number of books that provide advice about various topics like business, health, travel food and careers. These books serve as a great source of advice. Many people make it a point to read and go through these books before taking important decisions in their life. Thus libraries are also helpful for people who are looking for information about specific subjects. For example a person who is planning to travel to a particular place would like to read about that destination.
A library usually has a good collection of encyclopedias, dictionaries and maps, which are a source of extensive information and references for people. The encyclopedias are a vast source of information about all the topics under the sky. Libraries are thus a source of entertainment and education for youngsters as well as adults. A library not only helps to inculcate the habit of reading but inculcates a thirst for knowledge. The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the University community.
Role of Library
To fulfill this mission, the Library commits to: The role of the library is to:
- Implement learning programs that will develop the skills among the students necessary to succeed in a constantly changing social and economic environment. Develop and sustain habit of reading for pleasure and to enrich students' intellectual aesthetic, cultural and emotional growth
- Provide access to, a wide range of materials, fiction and non-fiction, print, audio, video and digital. Provide teachers with access to relevant curriculum information Understand the research, teaching, and learning needs of its users;
- Build collections and create tools to support research, teaching, and learning;
- Ensure the preservation and long-lasting availability of Library collections and resources;
- Create hospitable physical and virtual environments for study, teaching, and research;
- Collaborate with other members of the University to enrich the research and learning community;
- A collection of books, journals, magazines, periodicals
- Collection of encyclopedias and reference books
- Computerized library
- Separate study rooms for boys and girls
- Facility of Internet Browsing
- Facility of e-journals (N-LIST)
- Reference and Referal Services to users and researchers
- Book bank facility to poor and needy students
- Library orientation program for students
- OPAC Services for students
- Book exhibitation
- Comprehensive collection Development procedure.
- Active Library Advisory Committee.
Library at Glance as on 31-03-2018
||Total No. of Books
||Total no of Titles
||Total no of Text Books
||Total no of Reference and Other Books
||Total no of Donated Books
||Total no of Bound Volume
||Total no of News Papers
||Total no of Journals/Periodicals
||Total no of CD's
||Online Journal (NLIST) Library Consortium NDL National Digital Library
||Total no of Books including Junior College