“Education is the foundation to ensure the creation of enlightened citizens who will make a prosperous, happy and strong nation”, says visionary president and great scientist of India, Dr. A. P. J Abdul Kalam. Education is an endless journey towards enlightenment. It demands a combination of knowledge and its application Read More
Mr.Harish S Bohara
Shri Venkatesh Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji is one of the prime educational locations situated at the heart of Ichalkaranji town, a land of weavers. The institution has consistently been striving to impart quality education to its students and consequently has been bestowed two times with the honour of ‘Quality College’ by Shivaji University, Kolhapur. The institution is renowned for its Commerce and Management education at Undergraduate and Post Graduate level as well. Read More
"To become the premier educational institution to provide quality commerce education blending with moral and civic values, relevant in the present context"
"‘To impart quality education in commerce to all classes of society and mould the students into socially responsible citizens and to contribute in the development of human resources enabling them to meet the contemporary challenges’"
1) To induce a quality culture in tune with the Institution’s statement of Vision and Mission.
2) To strive to achieve excellence in imparting commerce education.
3) To update and implement the effective mechanism for teaching, learning and evaluation.
4) To update ICT based infrastructure for academic and administrative purpose.
5) To enhance research culture and establish incubation centre for germination of innovative ideas and practices.
6) To implement sustainable support schemes to provide affordable higher education to the lowest strata of the society.
7) To strengthen collaborative activities for the development of students through MoUs with industries and academicia.
8) To maintain professional ethics and stick up to the core values of the institution.
9) To organize on-job training, short courses and programmes to develop students’ professional skills and employability.
10) To sensitize the students and the staff about gender equality and environment related issues.
Shri Venkatesh Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji is committed to impart quality commerce education to the students with a view to enabling them to meet the contemporary challenges and moulding them into socially responsible citizens. Our Mission Statement and Quality Policy articulate our commitment to our learners.
a) To achieve excellence in imparting the commerce education
b) To inculcate civic, moral & social values among students
c) To provide higher education to the students belonged to socially & economically backward class at affordable fees
d) To help students acquire the knowledge of current developments in the field of commerce and management through various co-curricular and extracurricular/extension activities
e) To acquaint the students to the practical aspects of curriculum contents
Based on the above, the Quality Policy of the college is defined as follows.
‘Commit to achieve excellence in imparting commerce and management education and build the responsible citizens with good character and high ethical standards, through a culture of inclusion, capable of accepting the challenges of change.’
The college shall take the efforts to reach the Quality Policy to all stakeholders and implement is rigorously.
I warmly welcome you to Shri.Venkatesh Mahavidalaya, Ichalkaranji. Founded in June 1983 it has been playing a significant role in disseminating the commerce education in and around Ichalkaranji town which is popularly known as the Manchester of Maharashtra. It is predominantly a textile industrial town. Read More
Dr.Vijay A Mane
(M.Com, M.Phil, M.B.A)