Education is the movement from darkness to light’- Allen Bloom. The above-mentioned thought of Allen Bloom rightly describes the vision and mission of Shri. Narayanrao Babasaheb Education Society, Ichalkaranji. We perceive fostering education is the best way to advance society. Our aim is to provide the holistic Read More
Mr.Harish S Bohara
Welcome To Shri Venkatesh Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji
In some recent years the students opting for commerce courses have been increasing. The positive impact of LPG policy, revolution in telecommunication and hyper connectivity, growing employment/career opportunities for youths and ability of commerce stream to impart the best and latest knowledge comparatively at very low cost may be some of the reasons behind it. The students, who intentionally opt for commerce stream, obviously with the long term objective in mind, are seen excelling in various fields of economy.
In the present era of intense competition even in field of higher education, intensified by entry of private players and 24X7 online learning facilities accessible to common people, it has really become challenging to retain students on the campus of traditional liberal arts colleges. Providing students the essential support services, maintaining high teaching quality, using modern teaching tools has become inevitable. The college has set itself on that path. Furthermore Rashtriya Uchattam Shiksha Ayoga (RUSA), meaning National Higher Education Commission and new laws has been geared to bring about drastic changes. Our college is now preparing to undergo the third cycle of assessment and accreditation by NAAC.
"To become the premier educational institution to provide quality commerce education blending with moral and civic values, relevant in the present context"
"‘To impart quality education in commerce to all classes of society and mould the students into socially responsible citizens and to contribute in the development of human resources enabling them to meet the contemporary challenges’"
1) To induce a quality culture in tune with the Institution’s statement of Vision and Mission.
2) To strive to achieve excellence in imparting commerce education.
3) To update and implement the effective mechanism for teaching, learning and evaluation.
4) To update ICT based infrastructure for academic and administrative purpose.
5) To enhance research culture and establish incubation centre for germination of innovative ideas and practices.
6) To implement sustainable support schemes to provide affordable higher education to the lowest strata of the society.
7) To strengthen collaborative activities for the development of students through MoUs with industries and academicia.
8) To maintain professional ethics and stick up to the core values of the institution.
9) To organize on-job training, short courses and programmes to develop students’ professional skills and employability.
10) To sensitize the students and the staff about gender equality and environment related issues.
Shri Venkatesh Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji is committed to impart quality commerce education to the students with a view to enabling them to meet the contemporary challenges and moulding them into socially responsible citizens. Our Mission Statement and Quality Policy articulate our commitment to our learners.
a) To achieve excellence in imparting the commerce education
b) To inculcate civic, moral & social values among students
c) To provide higher education to the students belonged to socially & economically backward class at affordable fees
d) To help students acquire the knowledge of current developments in the field of commerce and management through various co-curricular and extracurricular/extension activities
e) To acquaint the students to the practical aspects of curriculum contents
Based on the above, the Quality Policy of the college is defined as follows.
‘Commit to achieve excellence in imparting commerce and management education and build the responsible citizens with good character and high ethical standards, through a culture of inclusion, capable of accepting the challenges of change.’
The college shall take the efforts to reach the Quality Policy to all stakeholders and implement is rigorously.
Shri Venkatesh Mahvidyalaya, founded in June, 1983, has been playing the significant role in spreading the commerce education in and around Ichalkaranji town, which is popularly known as the Manchester of Maharashtra State because of its predominance in textile business. Under the able leadership of Read More
Dr.Vijay A Mane
(M.Com, M.Phil, M.B.A)