Vision ,Mission & Ojectivies
Ichalkaranji, located in Western region of Maharashtra State of India is a land of weavers. Being a leading centre of textile industry it is popularly known as the Manchester of Maharashtra. Formerly it was a small hamlet situated on the left bank of the river Panchganga. NaroMahadev, the founder of the Ghorpade family, made Ichalkaranjithe seat of his capital in 1708 A.D. It preserved its status of being a capital of his jahagiritill 1949.
In 1892 ShrimantNarayanraoBabasahebGhorpade became Jahagirdar of Ichalkaranji. Though there were limited resources at the disposal of his Jahagiri, he encouraged the industrial development of the town in every possible way.
Ichalkaranji, situated on latitude of 160 – 40’ North and longitude of 740-25’ East, comes under moderate rain shadow and has dry climate, which is suitable to textile industry. With the migration of weavers and village artisans from different parts of adjacent Karnataka state and also with the advent of Marwari merchants from far-away Rajasthan state in about 1934, the textile business grew by leaps and bounds. Now the textile industry has become the mainstay of economic life of people of Ichalkaranji.
Along with its industrial development ,ShrimantGhorpade also dreamt of developing Ichalkaranji educationally. By his blessings and initiatives of five donors, who were the ex-students of the then Govindrao High School, the present education institution was formed. It is now popularly known all over Maharashtra as Shri. N.B.Education Society (NBES). It has the history of over a century.
Keeping in mind the industrial background of the town, NBES started Shri. VenkateshMahavidyalayain June 1983. It began with an aim to meet the growing needs of commerce education of local students. The college which was started only with 77 students in 1983 has now grown quantitatively and qualitatively. It offers education for B.Com, M.Com and BBA students and has received a status of a CA Examination Centre that has made it convenient specially for the girl students to take these examinations at safe and familiar environment.
The college envisages to become a distinct quality college invigorating self reliant students with academic excellence and social awareness.
• To strengthen an educational ambience, infrastructure and design developmental plans and policies that help to impart quality education in Commerce stream.
• To encourage innovative spirit and design pro-research activities leading to constructive outcome.
• To make use of ICT tools and e-resources for enhancing learning experience.
• To instill the professional skills, ethics and essential life skills among students.
• To foster inclusive outlook and structure awareness programmes regarding environment, human values, and other apprehensive social issues.
• To prepare students participate actively in the development of nation.
• To induce a quality culture in tune with the Institution’s statement of Vision and Mission.
• To strive to achieve excellence in imparting commerce education.
• To update and implement the effective mechanism for teaching, learning and evaluation.
• To update ICT based infrastructure for academic and administrative purpos.e
•To enhance research culture and establish incubation centre for germination of innovative ideas and practices.
• To implement sustainable support schemes to provide affordable higher education to the lowest strata of the society
• To strengthen collaborative activities for the development of students through MoUs with industries and academicia..
• To maintain professional ethics and stick up to the core values of the institution.
• To organize on-job training, short courses and programmes to develop students’ professional skills and employability.
• To sensitize the students and the staff about gender equality and environment related issues.
Name of the College: Shri Venkatesh Mahavidyalaya, Ichalkaranji.
Address: Govindrao High school Campus, Rajwada Chowk, Ichalkaranji , PIN: 416 115, Taluka : Hatkanangale, Dist. Kolhapur, State : Maharashtra.
Principal: Dr.Vijay A Mane (M.Com, M.Phil, M.B.A)
Location : Town
Affiliating University : Shivaji University, Kolhapur
Year of Establishment : June, 1983
Year of Affiliation : From June 1983 (Temporary) and From June 1999 Permanent)
Year of Recognition : U/S 2 (f) of UGC Act: 1994, U/S 12 B of UGC Act: 1998
Year of Last Reaccreditation (II Cycle):05/09/2010 Score: 2.12 Rating: ‘B’ Validity: Up to 04 September, 2015.
|NAAC Accreditation Cycle||On-Site Peer Team Visit Dates||Peer Team||Score||Grade||Valid upto|
|1||27th & 28thNovember,2003||Prof.V. Ramkishtaiyya—Chairman (Former V.C., Osmania University, Hyderabad) Prof.P.T. Pattanshetti, Member (Former Principal, Gogate College, Belgaum Dr. M.S. Shyamsundaram, Member-Co-ordinator (Deputy Adviser NAAC, Banglore)||73.80%||B||26.10. 2009|
|2||27th & 28thAugust, 2010||Prof. Bhardesh Prajapati—Chairman (V.C., Veer Narmad South Gujrat University, Surat, Gujarat) Dr. Mangal Mishra, Member (Principal, Shri Cloth Markrt Kanya Vanijya Mahavidyalaya, Ganeshganj, Indore, Madhya Pradesh) Prof. Jagdeesha, Member-Co-ordinator (Dean, Academic Karnatak State Open University, Manasagangotri, Mysore, Karnataka)||2.12%||B||04.09.2015|